StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sticky Leaders problem

2 posters

Go down

Sticky Leaders problem Empty Sticky Leaders problem

Post by barrettcw Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm

The new sticky leaders feature is moving in the right direction, but still has some problems. I am supposed to be the overall leader for all of the SMT-LIB benchmarks space, but there are subspaces of this space where I don't have permissions.

For example, I am a leader of SMT-LIB benchmarks -> Nov 27 2013 -> BV, but not of its subspace wintersteiger. I want to add a user to this subspace (actually to all subspaces of Nov 27 2013 but this is the one where it fails) but I do not have permissions to do it and all attempts to grant myself permissions fail:

1. I tried making myself a leader of wintersteiger but I don't have permissions to do that.
2. I tried giving myself just permissions to add users, no luck.
3. I tried editing the BV space to enable the "sticky leaders" option.  That was ok, but it doesn't change the behavior of the subspaces, so I'm still out of luck.

A few suggestions to address these issues:

1. When you change a space to have "sticky leaders", it should automatically make all leaders of that space leaders of all subspaces. Right now, it seems to affect only subspaces created in the future.
2. When you change a space to have "sticky leaders", there should be an option asking if you want to apply this change recursively to the subspace. Right now, it seems that the "Nov 27 2013" space does have sticky leaders, but its subspaces do not and I would have to change them all individually.
3. When you create a new subspace in a space with "sticky leaders" on, the default should be for the new space to also have "sticky leaders". Otherwise, just creating a subspace hierarchy two deep using the default options will lock out the sticky leader.

ITo address 1 and 2, I'd also be OK with just a one-time admin fix marking every subspace of SMT-LIB benchmarks as having "sticky leaders" and making me a leader in every subspace.

-Clark

barrettcw

Back to top Go down

Sticky Leaders problem Empty Re: Sticky Leaders problem

Post by Admin Thu May 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Since this feature is rather new, I had to test it out a little just now to understand what we have compared to what you need, Clark.  Doing some little experiments, it seems that currently, what we have implemented is pretty much exactly what you want, except that it does not apply retroactively to old spaces.  When a new space Y is created that is a descendant (in the subspace relation) of a space X marked with sticky leaders, then the leaders of X become leaders of Y automatically, with full permissions.  It does not matter whether sticky leaders is set on spaces between X and Y in the subspace relation.  

I have used admin capabilities to make you a leader of all the subspaces of the November 27, 2013 space where you were not currently a leader.  So hopefully this solves your problem in this particular case.  And any new subspaces under November 27, 2013 should automatically get you as a leader with full permissions.  Let me know of follow-up issues or thoughts.

Aaron

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 02, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by barrettcw Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm

OK, great. This solves my current problem. Thanks.

barrettcw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down