StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when job is "complete", show when it completed

2 posters

Go down

when job is "complete", show when it completed Empty when job is "complete", show when it completed

Post by j.waldmann Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 am

Job information contains "created :: UTCTime", but is missing "completed :: Maybe UTCTime"

I want this information (from test jobs) for planning the actual jobs for my competition.

If I don't have it, I'd need to poll star-exec frequently.

Does star-exec known when the job completes? I am seeing this call hierarchy:

status.setCode(JobStatusCode.STATUS_COMPLETE)
getJobStatusCode(int jobId)
canJobBePostProcessed(int jobId)
@Path("/postprocess/job/{jobId}/{procId}")

and that could mean that you really don't know (you notice only at the moment that something or someone wants to start post-processing).

- J.

(oh, and it's not UTCTime, it's Iowa local time? doesn't matter)

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

when job is "complete", show when it completed Empty Re: when job is "complete", show when it completed

Post by eric-burns Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Hello,

You are correct-- we do not currently keep track of when a job is completed. Instead, we check to see if the job has any pairs still running or pending, and we report that the job is complete if all the pairs are done.

If you would like, we could start tracking when a job is complete in our next update most likely, but of course we won't be able to report the completion time for any job that finished before that update.

-Eric Burns

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

when job is "complete", show when it completed Empty Re: when job is "complete", show when it completed

Post by j.waldmann Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 am

> we could start tracking when a job is complete in our next update

I would welcome that, as it would help me estimate/fine-tune the timings for the upcoming competition.

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by eric-burns Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

j.waldmann wrote:> we could start tracking when a job is complete in our next update

I would welcome that, as it would help me estimate/fine-tune the timings for the upcoming competition.

- J.

All right, we will do that. This feature should get pushed out either today or tomorrow.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down