StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

full pathname for benchmarks

Go down

full pathname for benchmarks  Empty full pathname for benchmarks

Post by j.waldmann Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 am

when uploading a zip file containing a benchmark hierarchy (not flat, but containing sub-sub-dirs etc.),
star-exec treats $(basename file) as benchmark name.

I see no way of getting $(dirname file), but this is needed for quick unique identification (when a human looks at results tables).

E.g., Termination has benchmarks SRS_Standard/Bouchare_06/08.xml and SRS_Standard/Gebhardt_06/08.xml , results tables only show 08.xml

I know that benchmark ids are unique but that still does not allow me to (easily) find the parent dir, or the full path.

NOTE: the display problem can probably be worked around by starting jobs in a spaces that are named like the benchmark fullpath. Don't like it - I would need to create a lot of small jobs since our benchmark space is deeply structured. Actually, pushJobXML each of them separately, because I can put the spaceId only at the top of the xml file?

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

full pathname for benchmarks  Empty Re: full pathname for benchmarks

Post by j.waldmann Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 am

as has become clear during competition, you invented "job(pair)-space-path" to sort-of-repair this. I still think path info belongs to the benchmark (not the job pair). - J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum