StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual glitches on communities page

3 posters

Go down

Visual glitches on communities page Empty Visual glitches on communities page

Post by mdeters Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:53 am

There appears to be a visual glitch in the present version of StarExec. If I go to "spaces -> communities", and select "QBF" or "SAT" for instance, I don't get any "actions" buttons (most notably, I don't get "join"). If I go to "Termination" (which I guess has more liberal permissions) then return to "QBF" or "SAT", only then I get the join button (and thus only then can I actually join a community).

Further, if I go to "SMT", of which I'm a member, I get a "leave" button of course. But if I now click on "QBF" or "SAT" (of which I'm *not* a member), the "leave" button is still there.

mdeters

Back to top Go down

Visual glitches on communities page Empty Re: Visual glitches on communities page

Post by j.waldmann Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:00 pm

>  If I go to "Termination" (which I guess has more liberal permissions)

I am not aware of any. If there's a difference, then it's probably not on purpose. I'd be glad to be educated.

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Visual glitches on communities page Empty Re: Visual glitches on communities page

Post by mdeters Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:21 pm

j.waldmann wrote:>  If I go to "Termination" (which I guess has more liberal permissions)

I am not aware of any. If there's a difference, then it's probably not on purpose. I'd be glad to be educated.

- J.

Hi Johannes,

It certainly appears that the default permissions for Termination are more relaxed than other spaces. I am not a member of the community, and yet from the community page I can download the pre-, post-, and benchmark processors. In the space explorer I can also see the Termination space, expand it, see the users in it, see the solvers, etc.

Morgan

mdeters

Back to top Go down

Post by j.waldmann Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi Morgan,

> from the community page I can download the pre-, post-, and benchmark processors.  

I can download these processors from SMT as well. I thought that is documented behaviour.

> In the space explorer I can also see the Termination space, expand it,
> see the users in it, see the solvers, etc.

I can see 49 SMT members. I can see some SMT members' spaces.
That should be the same for Termination. Some users made their root space public,
some with just one public subspace, and other subspaces private.

You can log out, and login in as "guest", then compare SMT and Termination.
It's not too much of a difference.

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by mdeters Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:26 pm

j.waldmann wrote:You can log out, and login in as "guest", then compare SMT and Termination.

Yes, it appears that SMT and Termination are configured similarly. The others---confluence, TPTP, SAT, SyGuS, are not.

When I tried to join TPTP earlier today, I had to first click on Termination to get the "join" button, *then* click on TPTP, then join. In this sense it appears that I was "using" Termination for its more liberal permissions. (Just clicking "TPTP" without first clicking on Termination didn't give a join button.) Of course, it appears that I could have used SMT for the purpose except that I am already a member so it didn't provide a "join" button.

mdeters

Back to top Go down

Post by j.waldmann Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 am

well there is something broken here.

I see the "join" button for SMT and the "leave" button for all others (TPTP, Termination, Confluence, ...)

I think I am a member of Termination (only),
and I thought one could be a member of one community only, anyway.

(StarExec revision 18113 , Tue Jul 29 11:16:41 CEST 2014)

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by eric-burns Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:32 pm

j.waldmann wrote:well there is something broken here.

I see the "join" button for SMT and the "leave" button for all others (TPTP, Termination, Confluence, ...)

I think I am a member of Termination (only),
and I thought one could be a member of one community only, anyway.

(StarExec revision 18113 , Tue Jul 29 11:16:41 CEST 2014)

Hello,

There is not currently any restriction on the number of communities you can be in, and you are considered part of a community if you are a member of any space within that community.

Since anyone is allowed to add you to a new space, it's possible that you "joined" other communities without doing anything personally. For example, I can see that you are in the TPTP community space, which is why you see the "leave" button for that community.

mdeters wrote:
j.waldmann wrote:You can log out, and login in as "guest", then compare SMT and Termination.

Yes, it appears that SMT and Termination are configured similarly. The others---confluence, TPTP, SAT, SyGuS, are not.

When I tried to join TPTP earlier today, I had to first click on Termination to get the "join" button, *then* click on TPTP, then join. In this sense it appears that I was "using" Termination for its more liberal permissions. (Just clicking "TPTP" without first clicking on Termination didn't give a join button.) Of course, it appears that I could have used SMT for the purpose except that I am already a member so it didn't provide a "join" button.

There does seem to be a bug here-- you should always get a "join" button for any community that you are not a part of. Communities do not have different permissions in this regard. It's probably a Javascript error, so hopefully we can resolve it for our next deploy.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down