StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing password does not seem to work

2 posters

Go down

Changing password does not seem to work Empty Changing password does not seem to work

Post by c.fuhs Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:18 pm

When I click the "Forgot password?" button in the login screen of StarExec, I am successfully sent an e-mail with a link to a temporary password. I can log in with this password, but when I try to change this password via: Account -> Profile -> actions -> edit -> password, then enter the temporary password as the current password, the new password and its confirmation, and finally click the "change" button, this final click has no visible effect. Later I can still login with the (not quite as) temporary password (but not with the new one that I entered manually), so the click on "change" does not seem to have had an effect on the back-end side either.

Desired behaviour: Clicking "change" should set the manually entered password as the new valid one for my user account.

I am using Firefox 35.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux 14/04.

c.fuhs

Back to top Go down

Changing password does not seem to work Empty Re: Changing password does not seem to work

Post by Admin Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:48 pm

I'm sorry about this! We'll take a look and hopefully fix it in the next day or two. I'm glad you can successfully continue to log on with the temporary password.
Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum