StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running solvers with shared lib deps

2 posters

Go down

Running solvers with shared lib deps Empty Running solvers with shared lib deps

Post by Abhishek Udupa Fri May 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm the developers of the one of the baseline solvers for the SyGuS competition. I've a problem running my solver on StarExec. Specifically, my solver requires the program options library from the boost libs. The binary that I've compiled on my machine links to the libboost_program_options.so.1.49.0. However, on executing this on StarExec, the organizer told me that she obtained the following error message:

Code:
0.00/0.01   ./esolver-synthlib: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.49.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

0.00/0.01   EOF

I know this is probably due to mismatched library versions. Unfortunately, there's no static version of the program options library on my machine that I can link against. What would you suggest as the best resolution to this problem? Is there any way I can actually build the solver on StarExec itself before I run it?

Thanks!
Abhishek

Abhishek Udupa

Back to top Go down

Running solvers with shared lib deps Empty Re: Running solvers with shared lib deps

Post by j.waldmann Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi, here is a package for a solver that shows how you can handle shared libs:
http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/starexec/matchbox/

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Running solvers with shared lib deps Empty Re: Running solvers with shared lib deps

Post by j.waldmann Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 pm

and of course another option is that you build everything on a VM that matches what you get on starexec (RHEL 6.3, so Centos 6.3 should be fine).

perhaps this is helpful http://www.termination-portal.org/wiki/Termination_Competition_2014#Technical_Detail
(it is for termination, but contains general advice/experience)

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Abhishek Udupa Fri May 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Thanks a lot. The matchbox package helps a lot. I didn't think of simply packaging all the shared library dependencies and invoking the solver with an LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment set.  Rolling Eyes 

Thanks again for the prompt response!

Best,
Abhishek

Abhishek Udupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down