StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.?

2 posters

Go down

how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.? Empty how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.?

Post by j.waldmann Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

starexeccommand has several actions that create something. I am not sure how to find out
programmatically the Ids for these new items.

I know the Id of the space where the thing gets created, so I could list the space's contents, and then compare to a previous listing, but this sounds distinctly ugly and error-prone.

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.? Empty Re: how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.?

Post by eric-burns Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Unfortunately, there's not an easier way to do this right now. However, we can update StarexecCommand so that these commands start returning the ids of whatever primitives are created. We should be able to set this up by later this week.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.? Empty Re: how to know the Ids created by pushjoxml, copysolver, etc.?

Post by j.waldmann Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:34 am

for future reference, it looks like this feature has been implemented: http://starexec.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/redeployed-improved-job-explorer-job-info-starexeccommand-ids/

(I'd appreciate it very very much if this kind of info was posted here by starexec people, so it is obvious to forum readers that the topic can be closed.)

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum