StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create job form is broken, JS-Error

2 posters

Go down

Create job form is broken, JS-Error Empty Create job form is broken, JS-Error

Post by gereon Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new job.
However the job form seems to be broken: All the parts of the form that used to be shown one after the other are now directly below each other on one page and none of the controls to select the solver or the benchmarks work.

I had a quick look and it seems that some of the javascript is broken:
Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #postProcess option[value=] in jquery.min.js:2

This happens in Chrome 36 and Firefox 31 (that's all I could test right now).

Gereon

gereon

Back to top Go down

Create job form is broken, JS-Error Empty Re: Create job form is broken, JS-Error

Post by eric-burns Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Hello,

Thank you for pointing this out-- we just updated jQuery from 1.6 to 1.11, and it seems like the newer version no longer tolerates this bit of syntax. This will be resolved in our next deploy, which should occur in the next day or so.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Create job form is broken, JS-Error Empty Re: Create job form is broken, JS-Error

Post by gereon Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:28 am

When you are working on this anyway:
The page at '<url>starexec/secure/add/job.jsp?sid=20150' was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from '<cloudflare url>/ajax/libs/qtip2/2.2.0//var/www/qtip2/build/tmp/tmp-11954v2boa9s/jquery.qtip.min.map': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

AFAIK, under some circumstances, some browsers will just not load this. If possible, you should also load this one via https...

gereon

Back to top Go down

Post by eric-burns Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm

gereon wrote:When you are working on this anyway:
The page at '<url>starexec/secure/add/job.jsp?sid=20150' was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from '<cloudflare url>/ajax/libs/qtip2/2.2.0//var/www/qtip2/build/tmp/tmp-11954v2boa9s/jquery.qtip.min.map': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

AFAIK, under some circumstances, some browsers will just not load this. If possible, you should also load this one via https...

Thanks for pointing out this warning, but it turns out we're actually not loading that page. That URL is in a comment in one of the libraries we're using, and it seems like Chrome can't tell that the URL isn't actually being used. I've removed the comment from the library source so that the warning should no longer appear.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by gereon Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:10 am

The create job form works now for me. Thanks!

But as we are collecting JS errors: (but they don't seem to be to bad)
Login page wrote:Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cookieexists' of undefined index.jsp:130

Space Explorer wrote:GET <url>/starexec/css/images/sort_both.png 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:3
GET <url>/starexec/css/images/sort_asc.png 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:3

Profile wrote:HEAD <url>/starexec/secure/details/user.help 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:4

Help wrote:HEAD <url>/starexec/secure/help.help 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:4

gereon

Back to top Go down

Post by eric-burns Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 pm

gereon wrote:The create job form works now for me. Thanks!

But as we are collecting JS errors: (but they don't seem to be to bad)
Login page wrote:Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cookieexists' of undefined index.jsp:130

Space Explorer wrote:GET <url>/starexec/css/images/sort_both.png 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:3
GET <url>/starexec/css/images/sort_asc.png 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:3

Profile wrote:HEAD <url>/starexec/secure/details/user.help 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:4

Help wrote:HEAD <url>/starexec/secure/help.help 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:4

Thanks for pointing these issues out,

The missing images issue has been fixed, and that change should appear when the site is updated later today.

The 404 errors related to the .help pages are not actually errors-- whenever you go to a new page, the code checks to see whether a help page exists for the page you're currently on. If not, then the server simply returns a 404.

I'm not sure yet what the "cookieexists" warning is about, but I will investigate it early next week and try to get it resolved.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down