StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set permissions so that users can run jobs

2 posters

Go down

How to set permissions so that users can run jobs Empty How to set permissions so that users can run jobs

Post by j.waldmann Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:05 am

How should I (as "leader") set permissions so that users (non-leaders) can run jobs
(with Termination)

I tried (via the web gui)

Space explorer -> root -> Termination -> edit space -> default -> add
jobs -> update
but I get "invalid parameters" error message

If I do the same in tpdb-8.0.7 space (below Termination)
then it I get no error
(and the "default add jobs" is shown as activated (ticked) later)

But I see my (non-leader) users only in Termination, not in tpdb-8.0.7 .
How can they "get there"? Can they run jobs?

Need the attributes be propagated down the space hierarchy,
how can I do this?

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

How to set permissions so that users can run jobs Empty Re: How to set permissions so that users can run jobs

Post by Admin Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

I am not sure why you were not allowed to change the defaults on the community page. I believe that should be allowed, so we will have to look into that one.

As far as moving users into a new space, it is the same as moving anything else from one space X to another Y:

-- select the space X, so that you see its content on the main part (more to the right) of the space explorer page
-- now select the item(s) you wish to move, where it appears on the main part of the space explorer page
-- drag the item(s) over to the left part of the page, where the compact tree viewer is, and place them in space Y.

Note that changing the default permissions for a space just changes what permissions users that are added after that receive -- users already in the space are not affected.

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down