StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can the space leader use non-public solvers?

3 posters

Go down

How can the space leader use non-public solvers? Empty How can the space leader use non-public solvers?

Post by j.waldmann Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:01 am

Can a member of a community declare a solver/configuration as "readable by space leader" (but not by other members)?

(in other words, how do community leaders handle "submission of solvers for competition"? Participants send solver id and configuration id to the leader - can he then access these solvers? Would it harm if these ids were publically known - can others not access these solvers?)

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

How can the space leader use non-public solvers? Empty Re: How can the space leader use non-public solvers?

Post by hzankl Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:08 am

j.waldmann wrote:Can a member of a community declare a solver/configuration as "readable by space leader" (but not by other members)?

I know no such option but there is a more general solution: A space leader can add users to any of his spaces and set permissions.

In the space explorer I clicked "Termination", unfolded "Users", and dragged you to my personal space. When hovering with the mouse
over you I could set the permissions you have (currently you have none). Can you still access (copy) my tool?

Harald.

hzankl

Back to top Go down

How can the space leader use non-public solvers? Empty Re: How can the space leader use non-public solvers?

Post by j.waldmann Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:04 am

So the participant copies the leader to his (non-public) space, then the leader can copy the participant's solver to the (non-public) competition space?

Seems to work (I now have a link to your solver id 1139, and I can run it).

@Admin/other leaders - is this how it should be done?

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Hello, Johannes and Harald. Yes, this is the best way I think we have right now to allow a space leader to access a non-public solver (or benchmark). The owner of the solver adds the space leader to a space containing the solver. Then (as long as the space is not "locked" -- and it is not, by default) the space leader can copy or link the solver to one of the space leader's spaces.
Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down