StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty worker queue on job submission

4 posters

Go down

Empty worker queue on job submission Empty Empty worker queue on job submission

Post by timking Sat May 03, 2014 7:30 pm

After the reployment, the working queue appears to be an empty list during job submission on the website.
Under inspection the select tag with id=”workerQueue” looks broken e.g. there was one option tag that looked like
Code:
<option value="">[some whitespace]</option>
 Manually editing it with the inspector in Chrome seems to be an acceptable workaround for me. The following seems to work:

Code:
<select id="workerQueue" name="queue">

<option value="1">
                        Manual override            

</option></select>

timking

Back to top Go down

Empty worker queue on job submission Empty Re: Empty worker queue on job submission

Post by stefanvonderkrone Mon May 05, 2014 8:33 am

I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip!

stefanvonderkrone

Back to top Go down

Empty worker queue on job submission Empty Re: Empty worker queue on job submission

Post by df Mon May 05, 2014 10:05 am

I also encountered the same problem. While the suggested workaround was successful in getting me to the next page, I got error on the job created "http 400 - bad request - The create job request was malformed". Not sure if the latter is due to the empty queue problem, or some other issue. Any tip would be welcomed.

df

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanvonderkrone Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 am

I had the same problem in the first place. After reading this post I think my mistake was, to have an empty "value" attribute in the option-Tag. I think you should check this if there is a mistake.

stefanvonderkrone

Back to top Go down

Post by df Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks, but this is not it. I tried both <option value="1"> and <option value="all.q">. None of which worked :-(

df

Back to top Go down

Post by timking Mon May 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Df I have found job submission to be very temperamental. The following steps have worked for me to create both jobs for 1 solver with 1 configuration and 2 solver with 1 configuration each. Both are over the whole hierarchy.

1. Use the star exec page to navigate to the job.
  2. Click "create job".
  3. Use the option value trick.
  4. Click next
  5. On the "solver selection method" screen, select "choose".
     Selecting the first option results in "http 400 - bad request Error: no job pairs created for the job. Could not proceed with job submission." Sad
  6. Click next.
  7. At "benchmark selection method", select the second option "all in hierarchy"
    Selecting the first option "all in <space name>" results in the "http 400 - bad request The create job request was malformed" Sad
    Selecting the third option "choose in <space name>" is almost certainly not what you want. It creates a job where you select benchmarks that are directly in the space. There is no way to go into subspaces from here as far as i can tell. It brings you to a screen where you can select the benchmarks in that space to run. (It does work though.)
  8. At "solver selection", select the solvers and click the boxes for the configurations.
  9. Click submit

timking

Back to top Go down

Post by df Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks Timking. Following your detailed steps, I see the problem is elsewhere. The solver I am trying to run a job for has no boxes ('default' or others) to check....

df

Back to top Go down

Post by timking Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 pm

My above steps are not currently working. I now get:
Code:
http 400 - bad request
The create job request was malformed
 in response to everything I try. I have no idea how to start a create a job right now. On the bright side the worker queue appears to be filled in.

timking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi, all.

We did have a configuration problem -- probably since Friday -- where all.q would not show up in the list of queues. As you noticed, this has been fixed now. We are adding in a new queue management subsystem, that will hopefully make it easy for us to work with community leaders to make reservations for competitions and such. In the switch-over to that new system, we had not gotten all.q configured. This has been fixed now, as of around 4:30pm Central Standard Time.

About job creation: I usually create jobs using the "run space hierarchy" option on the second screen of job creation. I did this a little while ago and it was working fine. If you are still encountering problems, could you please point me to a space and tell me how you want to create the job? I can try (as admin) to do this and see what problems arise.

In general, with StarExec the features we have exercised more are working more robustly -- I don't think we have exercise the second way of creating jobs (by picking solvers and benchmarks) much. Keep us posted and we will improve it.

Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down