StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts)

3 posters

Go down

Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts) Empty Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts)

Post by mabrocks Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi,

I just tried to create a job, but I can't get past the initial create job form (i.e., to the selection of examples / provers). Every value for wallclock/cpu timeout is rejected with "NaN second max timeout" (even if it's the default).

Marc

mabrocks

Back to top Go down

Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts) Empty Re: Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts)

Post by Admin Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Sorry about that, Marc. We'll investigate and hopefully patch this today.
Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts) Empty Re: Creating Jobs is broken (NaN for timeouts)

Post by eric-burns Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:24 pm

mabrocks wrote:Hi,

I just tried to create a job, but I can't get past the initial create job form (i.e., to the selection of examples / provers). Every value for wallclock/cpu timeout is rejected with "NaN second max timeout" (even if it's the default).

Marc

Hello,

Sorry about the problem you're having creating jobs. This bug can occur if no queue is selected on the form. When you try to create a job, can you confirm that a queue is selected, and if so, could you say which one it is? Thanks for the help.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by mabrocks Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Eric,

[quote="eric-burns"]
mabrocks wrote: This bug can occur if no queue is selected on the form. When you try to create a job, can you confirm that a queue is selected, and if so, could you say which one it is? Thanks for the help.

Ah, this pointer was helpful: No queue is selected, and the drop-down menu for choosing queues is empty, so I cannot select one.

Marc

mabrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by eric-burns Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:37 pm

mabrocks wrote:Hi Eric,

eric-burns wrote:
mabrocks wrote: This bug can occur if no queue is selected on the form. When you try to create a job, can you confirm that a queue is selected, and if so, could you say which one it is? Thanks for the help.

Ah, this pointer was helpful: No queue is selected, and the drop-down menu for choosing queues is empty, so I cannot select one.

Marc

All right, thank you. The reason this is happening is that we've implemented queue-specific timeout limits. If no queue is selected, the page can't find any timeout limit, and you get the NaN error.

We're looking into why no queues are available to select right now, and we'll let you know when it has been resolved.

eric-burns

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Ok, we fixed the problem. It looks like we have a bug in our admin interface where if we remove global access from one queue (as I did with all2.q this morning), somehow all queues are affected. I have restored global access for all.q and long.q now, so they are appearing again in the list of queues on the job creation page.

Sorry for the problem,
Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down