StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarExecCommand get name and description

2 posters

Go down

StarExecCommand get name and description Empty StarExecCommand get name and description

Post by timking Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Yet another low priority feature request.

There is currently no way to get the names or descriptions of solvers, configurations, jobs, or spaces directly through the StarExecCommand tool. (Some of this is accessible if you know the parent subspace and do the right ls* and then crawl the list, but No ) Other metadata like descriptions or maximum memory are also inaccessible. Commands that print information for a given id which be quite helpful. For example, here is roughly what I am looking for to get the metadata of a space:

Code:

StarCom> getinfospace id=1715
id=1715 : name=March 7 2013 : description='This is the SMT-LIB benchmark library, pulled from SMT-EXEC in early 2013. It does not incorporate some new benchmarks that were used for SMT-COMP 2012, but which were not added to the benchmark library yet.'

timking

Back to top Go down

StarExecCommand get name and description Empty Re: StarExecCommand get name and description

Post by stefanvonderkrone Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 am

This is exactly what I'm searching for, too. Currently, I'm working on a web-app, that communicates with the starexec-server to get information about Jobs and their results. I know, that I can get the job-results by a given job-id. But with that job-id, I don't know, what's its name and additional meta-data. So my current workaround is to traverse the space-tree from the root-space (id: 1) to search the space, which contains the mentioned job (or benchmark, solver, subspace, etc.). Or I have the id of the space, which contains the job. However, this approach is very costly and time consuming, so I hope there is a better way.

I would like to have a similar method as mentioned above.

If you're interested in the project I'm working on:
https://github.com/stefanvonderkrone/star-exec-presenter

stefanvonderkrone

Back to top Go down