StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")?

2 posters

Go down

what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")? Empty what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")?

Post by j.waldmann Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 pm

when I upload a job xml file to a space - are there any side conditions for execution?

(after fighting the input syntax, e.g., ':' is not allowed in the job name, my upload is apparently accepted
(no error message) but no job appears - not in the space, not in my account.)

Do the solvers and benchmarks have to be present in the space? (That would be inconvenient.)

I assume that I must have read access to benchmarks and solvers.
(What happens if some benchmarks/solvers are inaccessible?)

- J.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")? Empty Re: what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")?

Post by j.waldmann Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:45 am

OK, I am debugging this (reading the source, actually) and it seems that creation of a Job fails (silently) if a job contains zero job pairs. (I had one Jobs element, containing several Job elements, some of them empty). I think line 232 in JobUtil.java is wrong (and could be deleted)

if (job.getJobPairs().size() == 0) {
// No pairs in the job means something is wrong; error out
errorMessage = "Error: no job pairs created for the job. Could not proceed with job submission.";
return -1;
}

but I can of course work around this, now that I know it.

j.waldmann

Back to top Go down

what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")? Empty Re: what are the side conditions for batch jobs (from "upload job xml")?

Post by Admin Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi, Johannes. In the deploy yesterday I added at least a little more error-reporting, to tell you if there are no job pairs because a solver fails to have any configurations (something I have seen happen from time to time due to a problem uploading a solver). I hope this will help a little.
Aaron

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down