StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarCom createjob communicating with server error

2 posters

Go down

StarCom createjob communicating with server error Empty StarCom createjob communicating with server error

Post by timking Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I keep getting the same "communicating with server" error when creating a job with createjob in StarexecCommand.

java -jar StarexecCommand.jar
Last update = 2/26/2014-1
StarCom> returnids
StarCom> login ...
StarCom> createjob id=14436 pid=1 qid=1 w=300 cpu=300
ERROR: Error communicating with server

StarCom>

I have tried with returnids/ignoreids, just "id=14436 pid=1", and with "n=.. d=..." nothing seems to make a dent.  All of the other commands I have tried from StarCom work so I am not sure what the "communication" issue is.

Starting the analogous job (run all of the hierarchy of the space, all solvers and all configurations) from the web interface works fine.

timking

Back to top Go down

StarCom createjob communicating with server error Empty Re: StarCom createjob communicating with server error

Post by Admin Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks for the bug report, Tim. In a few cases we have introduced bugs for StarExecCommand when we changed the web interface but forgot to update StarExecCommand. I will point Eric Burns, the StarExecCommand developer, at your bug report and see what he has to say.

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

StarCom createjob communicating with server error Empty Re: StarCom createjob communicating with server error

Post by Admin Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Just confirming that yes, there appears to be a bug in StarExecCommand for this. We are fixing it and hopefully will deploy again by the end of the week with the working version.

Admin
Admin

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~astump/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down