StarExec
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting benchmarks

2 posters

Go down

Deleting benchmarks Empty Deleting benchmarks

Post by mseidl Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 am

Hi,

I tried to remove benchmarks by pulling them over the trash symbol and then I emptied the bin.
From my spaces the benchmarks are now gone, but when I look at profile information, the formulas are
still there (also in the disk quota). One by one final deletion is possible, but I don't want to do this for 500 formulas.
So, how can I finally delete them?

Thanks,
Martina

mseidl

Back to top Go down

Deleting benchmarks Empty Re: Deleting benchmarks

Post by timking Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 am

There are a few cases where it is not O(n) human operations for deleting orphaned benchmarks. If you have a list of benchmark ids you can delete these en masse using the star exec command line tool and "removebench" with multiple benchmark ids. You can get a list of all benchmark ids for either a user or for a space. (This is the benchmarks in the space, and it is not recursive.) By piping this output through a sed script, you can get a list of benchmark ids and remove all of the benchmarks in the list. In principle, "removesubspace deleteprims=" may also work if you know the space you are removing ahead of time. (I have not used this and not all of the commands work.)

If you want to keep some benchmarks and have orphaned the benchmarks by removing the space, I do not know of anything that is not O(n) human time. It may be easier to delete everything in your account and recreating it from scratch. See my post here for a similar request for removing orphans.

Yet another alternative is to keep a local mirror of starexec's space and benchmark layout, and create scripts to recursively list benchmarks in a space from the local mirror.

timking

Back to top Go down